For many years I was a reflexology client, enjoying all the health benefits reflexology can bring. I became so inspired by the way I felt following treatments that I decided to become a trained reflexologist myself.
I qualified in 2005 while living in Bristol. We then moved to Taunton and alongside bringing up my young family I set up practice here.
I have undertaken further specialist training in:
- Baby Reflexology - trained in both treating and teaching parents to treat their own babies and toddlers through dedicated workshops.
- Maternity Reflexology – a branch of reflexology aimed specifically at women during pre-conception, pregnancy, labour and the post-natal period.
- Neuro Reflexology – this method is ideally suited to helping clients in the management of pain relief. By incorporating a number of 'nerve reflexes' within a treatment, pain relief and positive results can be achieved much quicker than with conventional reflexology alone.
- Vertical Reflex Therapy (VRT) - I incorporate VRT, an intense and effective form of reflexology where the hands or feet are worked in a weight-bearing position for short periods, into most of my treatments.
- Stress Management – I have worked in the field of Health Research and Stress Management for the Government, training employees at all levels in stress management techniques within the workplace.
- I have also undertaken counselling training and have an MSc in Occupational Psychology.